Things I did today:
- Wrote a quiz and worked on items for my class tomorrow.
- Read half a chapter in the course text.
- Read a sizable chunk of a book for my class on Thursday.
- Scheduled/confirmed a job interview.
- Panicked repeatedly about said job interview.
- Worked on administrative paperwork for graduation.
- Went back and re-corrected several quizzes manually after a student pointed out that online grading wasn’t working correctly.
- Met with my advisor.
- Cobbled together bits of research from my dissertation for an op-ed piece and submitted it for publication.
- Sorted through current events to share with my students.
- Answered roughly one zillion e-mails.
- Cooking and dishes.
- Hobbling around all day on a skinned knee, thanks to some idiot people who ran me off the sidewalk yesterday.
Now, at nearly 10PM, I am finally considering doing something that isn’t work- or housekeeping-related. All this, and I am considered a part-time employee. Gotta love grad school.
One day of 2012 left to go! My final year-in-review report on fitness and running will come tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy some cool data about my blog. Thanks to all my readers, followers, and commenters. This was an amazing year for me, and I’m happy to have an archive of this fabulous journey. Most of all, I hope I’ve entertained and motivated some of you.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 3,400 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 6 years to get that many views.
Click here to see the complete report.
In the Buddhist cosmos, there is a thing called the realm of hungry ghosts. These are beings driven by obsession, compulsion, and craving.There are 36 types of hungry ghosts, and Buddha asked for offerings and prayers on their behalf. Today, many Buddhists think of this and other realms in metaphorical terms. I, however, think that the hungry ghosts are real, and I think they show up at my house regularly to mess with my laundry and steal my socks.